This week Red class have been learning about:
-In English this week we have been focusing on writing skills.
-This weeks focus has been capital letters.
- Red class have been editing work thinking about where capital letters have been forgotten.
- They have been learning about all the appropriate times to use capital letters in their writing.
- We started by looking at equivalent/ balanced number sentences e.g. 4+4=6+2.
- Next Red class looked an inequality and using the more than and less than symbols to represent this in a number sentence (<,>,=).
- At the end of this week we have been using 'think ten', 'think twenty' and the exchange game to help with our addition sums.
- This week Red class have recapped these sounds: a-e,i-e,u-e,o-e,aw,are,ur,er,ow (brown), ai, oa,ew,ire and ear.
- We recapped on all our knowledge of materials and their properties from Year One.
- We planned and carried out an investigation to determine why particular objects need to be made of certain materials.
- We started our half term topic 'All about London'.
- Firstly Red class came up with questions they would like to find out about London during the topic. -We then created a timeline of events of the history of London.
- Next Red class learnt about the Geography of London and of the United Kingdom.
- Finally Red class started to learn about the Stuart era. Red class wrote fact files about 'Life in a Stuart school' and compared it to their modern school life.
WOW what a busy week we have had Red class!!! You are ALL working so hard and I am extremely proud of every single one of you. Please make sure you have a good rest over the weekend!!! See you all next week.